Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When to start homeschool?


Yesterday, when I went to pick up Cayden from his school, his Japanese teacher, Ms Kimiko, informed me that she will be going on holiday from July to 15 August. This is very common for Mongolians (though she is a Japanese, she has lived in Mongolia for 5 years) to spend long time in the countryside during summer.

Because of this, I have decided not to send Cayden to school while she is gone. Don’t get me wrong, the school is great, but its just that other teachers don’t seem as caring to the kids. When Cayden first joined the school, there was this other teacher, Mashita (she is Indian, Malaysian) who spoke English well. I liked it when Mashita was there because she could communicate with Cayden and with me too! I was able to find out Cayden’s progress in school. After Mashita left, Kimiko took over, but that was ok too. I could see that she geniunely loves kids and I trust her. The other assistant teacher spoke only Mongolian and also I feel that she was a bit rough with the kids. I do not want Cayden to be in such an environment.

So I guess this is the best time to start homeschooling Cayden. He shall stay at home with me til 15 Aug, at least. Once we return from our home leave in July, I shall start my lessons with him. I will also have my materials because I will pick up my books from Angie when I return to Singapore! This solves my question on when should I start to homeschool Cayden.

0 comments: