Thursday, June 7, 2007

First Blog


I have decided to start writing my blog today. A bit late, I must say, since I have been a SAHM for 2+ years already! However, I have decided that its better late than never. My memory is not as good as before, and sometimes memories do get a bit fuzzy. This is the best tool so far, to record what I have experienced.

A bit about myself. I have a 2 year old son - Cayden. To me, he is the cutest baby on earth, but of course, all mothers feels the same about their children. haha. Not shy right? Due to hubby's work, we have relocated to Ulaan Batar, Mongolia last July. So far, life has been ok in UB, but of course there are challenges. New systems, new food, new life, new weather to get used to. On the other hand, there are new friends, new experiences too.

Its the beginning of the summer now, and the weather is beautiful. A tad too hot for hubby, but I love it. It was 37 degrees yesterday! I was happy to be in my summer skirt, t shirt and floppy hat. It sure beats being under 4 layers of clothes in the -30 degrees cold!

We went to one of my girlfriends, Astrid's place for a playdate yesterday afternoon. Constanze went as well. Astrid has 2 sons - Sam & Tommie. Constanze has a daughter - Zoe. All children are aged between 2 - 5 (Cayden being the youngest).


Zoe splashing water at me as I was trying to take a picture!

As always, Cayden had so much fun at Astrid's place. Astrid took out her inflatable pool and turned her garden into UB's beach! Cayden wasn't allowed in the pool because he just recovered from bronchitis last week and the water here is icy cold! But he was happy just looking & screaming when the other kids splashed water at him. The other kids had so much fun in the water. It amazing how easily kids can amuse themselves. Cayden entertained himself in the sandpit and with the ball.


Check out Cayden's rosy cheeks!


All kids playing in the sand pit

We als
o have a inflatable pool at home, but hubby said to take the pool out only when our hot water returns. Oh yes, we have no hot water for 2 weeks starting 4 Jun because they are doing some maintenance work. So everyday, I have to boil 10 pots of water for us to have a bath in the "African" style. *sweat*sweat*


1 comments:

alternative-mom said...

I know how hard it can be to be living in a foreign place where we have to start from scratch! I'm glad you have friends and your child has a playmate!

I know what you mean about the cold, though where I am never get as cold as where you are! You are very brave! :)

My daughter and I saw a documentary on street children in Mongolia and I'm very inspired to bring her there some day!

Enjoy your time there! :)