Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pee Pee

I think Cayden has finally figured out to say "pee pee" BEFORE the pee pee shoots out! Since Saturday, Cayden has started to say "pee pee" and when I bring him to the toilet, he does pee! Yay! Hooray! But its also more troublesome now. When he does say "pee pee" we do have to bring him to the toilet, even though he has diapers on (so as to encourage his behaviour and also not to confuse him).

The troublesome part is to put on his diapers. He does not like to lie down for us to put on his diapers now. We should use pull ups, but I want to save the pull ups to use when we are out or during plane rides. Its almost impossible to put Cayden on the changing tray to change diapers on the plane coz its so small! Much easier to ask him to stand and pull up his pants / diapers.

Anyway, I shan't complain, now that my son is kinda toilet trained... He still needs diapers at night, which is ok, because I don't really want to wake up in the middle of the night to bring him to the toilet! Shall leave that battle for later.

On Saturday, when hubby brought him back from the mountain, Cayden came back with arms full of hives-looking bumps. Hubby said that when they were playing, Cayden suddenly starting wailing (which he never does, unless he is hurt). So hubby decided to bring him back to the car. Just as he was strapping Cayden in his car seat, he saw that Cayden's arms were full of bumps! He quickly washed his arms with water. They weren't itchy, coz Cayden was not scratching... but still it looked bad. Luckily the bumps went away after a couple of hours and they didn't bother him. Phew!

I mentioned about this to Constanze yesterday and she said that she had the same experience when she went on a farm excursion trip with her daughter's class last week. She felt a sharp bite on the ankle and it hurt for about 2-3 min. After that there were hives-looking bumps around her ankle. She suspected she was poked by one of the plants. I think Cayden was poked by the same plant too.

0 comments: