Friday, June 29, 2007

New Car

29 Jun 2007


Ok, its not brand new, but its a different car. Hubby was kinda forced to changing our car in Mongolia, coz our old car was a piece of junk. It was kinda falling apart, though our driver, Khulee tries his best to keep it clean and shiny. He is a 'car-proud' driver. :)

We traded in our 7 year old Toyota Harrier for a 7 year old Merc ML430. We figured that German cars (especially Merc) are more reliable and will last longer than Japanese cars. It definitely feels alot sturdier than the Harrier. But I realised that this car is a "half piece of junk". The windscreen was chipped, the bonnet has many chipped marks but thats just aesthetic.

This morning, I had to change the parking spot of our car, so I happily drove it to the front of our house. Turn off the engine and couldn't pull the key out of the keyhole! Spent about 30min in the car trying. In the end, had no choice but to call hubby. He said he also had problems before, but just "jiggle it a bit" and it should come out. Nope! Nothing I did could persuade the key to leave the keyhole. So I just left the key in the car (not the smartest thing to do, I know) went back into the house. The key is still in the keyhole in the car now... Sigh.

0 comments: