We decided to go to the French Bistro for lunch. As the name suggests, it is a French restaurant, but it has a nice outdoor area to sit and eat. I figured it would be nice for us to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather. Whilst it was nice to sit outdoors, it was also very dusty. Somehow, UB is a really dusty town, especially in Spring/Summer when its very windy. Cayden hands were filled with black dust even before he started eating because he was playing along the window sill!
I ordered Cayden a vegetable soup for lunch and a steak for myself. Sigh. Bad choice... the soup was like mash potatoes (with bits of carrots in it), just slightly more watery. Cayden hates potates, since he was a baby... So mummy & daddy had to finish his soup. In the end, I hate to order a apple tart for him for lunch! Hubby commented that our pediatrician - Dr Tan, will have a lot to say when she finds out about Cayden's lunch menu.
But I really have no choice! Cayden has become really picky with food. He doesn't eat vegetables (especially potatoes!), meat (all kinds of meat, I am serious! Even if I minced it really finely). What does he have left to eat? Bread, egg, noodles, soup. He loves soup - not the creamy ones but the Chinese style soupy ones. Everyday I scratch my head, wondering what else I can cook for him. I wonder what went wrong? I fed him all kinds of food when he was a baby and he was eating really well. But suddenly in November last year, he decided to reject all kinds of food. Real headache.
I went to the blog of Wokking Mum and picked up a lot of recipes. She is really creative and I tried many of her recipes, they were great! Hubby & I loved the food, but not Cayden. Maybe I should be more creative like Wokking Mum, but decorating the food, make it look for appetizing. Worth a try...
Anyway, Cayden always finishes his meal before us and he will want to get down. Now, before he gets down from his high chair, I will tell him "Cayden, Mummy & Daddy are still eating. So if you want to get down, you will have to play on your own. OK?" He says "yes!" (I wonder if he is just entertaining me...) Cayden starts to play "1-2-3 Go!" by himself! Well, ok. Its not "1-2-3" for Cayden. He counts starting with "2" and normally ends with 5 or 9 (I dunno why). He goes to one side of the wall, back up to the end, then count and run to the other side. We took a video:
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Lunch at French Bistro
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment