Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hair Cut

I finally picked up the courage and tried the skills of a Mongolian hair stylist. Ok, I wasn't brave enough to try a cropped hairstyle, but at least it a first step. Astrid had her haircut recently too, and she recommended Grease hair salon and also recommended Degi (the hairstylist who cut her hair).

After Cayden woke up from his afternoon nap on Saturday, hubby & Cayden sent me to the hair salon. I estimated that it will take about 1 hour, so hubby and Cayden drove off to one of the nearby mountains to play with the soccer ball. I asked for Degi but unfortunately she was having her day off. They recommended another stylist and I agreed. Afterall, I made the effort of going all the way down to the salon. I picked a picture from the book (medium hair length with some long layerings) and pointed it to the hairstylist. He nodded. He pointed to the shampoo bottle with a questioning look. Oh yes, of course! I desperately wanted a good hair wash. You can't actually wash your hair properly with you are taking a bath "African style". Remember we still don't have hot water. Somehow, it feels like the hair is still all soapy...

Anyway, to cut the story short, after the hair wash he proceeded to cut my hair at the back. He started to chop off long lengths and I panicked!!!! No! NO! I told him! Don't touch the back! Just the front. Ok, crisis averted. In the end, the haircut look decent. When hubby picked me up, he said that it looks as if I haven't cut my hair much! Men! Not observant at all! He then asked me why I didn't crop my hair, like when I was pregnant! Funny! He hated me in short hair. When I first cropped my hair, he hated it. Now he wants me to crop my hair. Told him that I will crop my hair in Singapore, with my regular hairstylist.

This is me in cropped hair, about 8 months pregnant.


I shall take another picture of myself in my new hairstyle and post it later. Just to make a comparison. I very vain, right?


0 comments: