Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sick babies continued - 29 October

The boy still do not feel too well.

After we returned from the International SOS clinic, Cameron went straight to bed. But he woke up so often because he could not sleep well due to his blocked / runny nose. He could not sleep, unless being carried upright. Even then, he couldn't sleep for a long time. Lester carried him til 3am, while I took care of Cayden. I took Cameron over from 3am and it was tough. I slept with him lying on my chest, on my shoulders while I sat up straight. In the end, I put him on the rocker and rocked him while I layed next to him on the floor. This lasted til 6.30am. Rough night.

Cayden also had fitful sleeps. He constantly woke up coughing and crying. Both Lester & I did not sleep the entire night.

During the day, Cayden was seemingly worse. He was lethargic, & slept & watched TV most of the day. He ate very little too. Cameron was better. His fever went down and after talking to my PD, I gave him Prospan for his cough and he was better. His nose was still runny, but it was starting to get green, so its a sign of improvement.

My PD asked why treatment was not given since they were suspected of having H1N1. I told her that baiscally we were turned away by International SOS clinic. She told me to give them either Tamiflu or Methisoprinol. I couldn't find it in Mongolia so we made arrangements for Lester's office to pick up the meds and send it via DHL. It was sent out immediately.

Thurs night was better, but not too good. Cameron slept til 2am and woke up crying. We gave him milk and he took 90ml. He had a fever, so I gave him infant Panado. He spit out most of it. He slept til 4am and woke up crying. Gave him water which he took, but not milk. He also had no voice, so his cry was like a whimper. Crying like a little kitten.

Cayden was woken up at 2am to take his antibiotics. He was better when he woke up in the morning.

0 comments: