Its the time of the year again. Weather is colder, air is smokier, and kids fall sick. Damn polluted air.
I have 2 sick babies at home. It started with Cayden waking up yesterday with his double eyelid on his left eye. I saw it and went "Oh, oh". Yes, that double eyelid always appear when he is either VERY tired or about to fall sick. True to form, he started coughing during breakfast and his fever started at 10am and he was really grumpy. To make matters worse, I had invited some friends over for lunch, so I was really busy with the lunch preparations. Anyway, we managed through yesterday without much drama.
Today, the little fella still had a fever and his cough had developed into a phelmy one. He refused to eat and complained of being in pain when swallowing. So I became Dr Yeo. Out came Neurofen (for his sprained foot and fever), Prospan (for cough), Mucosolvan (for phelgm), and Leftose syrup (for inflammation - sore throat).
As for Cameron, he started coughing last night. Heard him through the baby monitor. I was in denial. I told myself that its just a one-off cough. Then this morning, his cough was more apparent, more often. Then he had a fever. Not a high one. A low grade one of 37.4 degrees c. So I gave him infant panadol and pasted a Kool Fever patch on him. With an infant like Cameron, I don't dare to be Dr Yeo, so I will monitor him and see how it goes. Hopefully they will be well soon.




0 comments:
Post a Comment