Cayden sprained his foot for the first time in his life last night. I was putting Cameron to sleep and I heard Cayden wailing away. I thought it was a short cry and it lasted for quite a while. I quickly went out and saw Cayden in the arms of Dada, tearing streaming down his cheeks. He was crying quite hard. I asked what happened and Dada told me that he was demonstrating a jump from the bed and landed on his foot, awkwardly.
He was still crying very hard 10 min later, and I knew it must hurt real bad. We managed to calm him down and but he said he couldn't walk. We had to carry him downstairs to drink his milk, to pee pee and everything. In the night, he couldn't sleep well. I think its due to the pain. We fed him some panadol for pain relief.
In the morning, he still complained of being in pain. Thats when we decided to bring him to see the doc. At International SOS clinic, the doc took a look at his foot and sent him for an Xray. Everything is ok. No broken bones. Just a sprain. The doc mentioned that if he is still in pain 2 weeks later, then he has to be brought back for another Xray. It could be a hairline crack.
Oh well, broken bones and twisted ankles and sprained foot incidents are starting to happen now. Cayden is not a toddler anymore. He is a boy.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
First Sprain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment