Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cameron's Update

Cameron's drinking has somewhat improved. For the last 4 days, his total milk intake has reached 800ml. I have been giving him a mixture of Nestle Nan Probiotics and Similac. Somehow, he doesn't like Nan at night, or at bedtime. So I learnt to give him Similac during these fussier times.

Eating solids is a still a challenge. We started him on bananas 3 days ago. He doesn't really like it either. I have also changed his eating position. I place him on his bouncy chair, instead of his high chair. He took half tablespoon of bananas mixed with rice cereal and milk reluctantly. Its a slight improvement, though.

Yesterday, he had a slight fever of 37.4 degrees. I think he is really teething (although I have been thinking that since he started drooling at 3 months). Is he really? I (and everyone else) tend to blame "teething" for everything. Lack of appetite, crankiness, red cheeks, fever. He has all the symptoms, but no teeth!

His cheeks also developed a rash. Its rough, looks and feels dry, and makes his cheeks really red. I have been applying California Baby Calming Cream on him, I hope to see improvements soon. I wonder if its the result of switching from HA formula to regular formula?

Cameron has also been making new sounds. A few screeches, shouts - really reminds me that he won't be a baby for long. He is constantly growing.

0 comments: