Monday, November 12, 2007

To work or not to work?

Not that I have a choice now, since we are living in Mongolia long term... but I have been thinking alot about this issue recently. To work or not to work? I have been weighing the pros and cons of this issue in my mind, and I ended with this list:

Pros:
1) Financial independence - I can buy all the bags / shoes / clothes I want. I can also spoil Cayden a little more. I do not have to put up with hubby's nagging on how and where I spend money.

2) Contact with the 'real' world.

3) Sense of satisfaction when you see your fruits of labour. Sense of power. Feeling useful. Feeling like I am making full use of my day.

4) Being able to spend more quality time with Cayden. Currently, I have not been spending enough quality time with him, since I am with him all day. I take it for granted. I spend long hours with him, but they are not necessary quality time.

Cons:
1) Miss being with Cayden all day long.

2) No more stress free days.

3) Having to delegate the care taking of Cayden to someone else and they might not do everything to your liking, especially with discipline.

4) No financial independence. Having to account for every dollar spent.

5) I feel like I am so cut off from the rest of the adult world. My world consists of kids stuff, receipes, cooking. They all seem so trival. On some days, I feel like I am wasting my days away.

I am not even sure if I am making sense now.

0 comments: