Friday, November 23, 2007

Still trying to settle in...

Cayden is trying to settle in class. In the mornings, he is still putting up a struggle when we send him to school.

On his third day at school, I did not walk into the classroom with him but stood outside by the door. When the class started, the teachers closed the doors and he started wailing! It was so loud that I could hear him at the waiting area for parents.

Ethan (the boy with the show off grandma) came with his mother and maternal grandma that day. Ethan was also quite upset that his mother could not stay with him in the classroom and started crying. When his maternal grandma saw from the outside that Ethan started crying, she blamed Cayden for crying and thus affected Ethan. She kept saying "That boy is crying, that's why Ethan cry" without knowing that I am Cayden's mother. After she repeated this comment twice, I looked at her and said "That is my son". I wanted her to know that so that she would not say more things that might upset me even more and cause me to argue with her. After that, she stopped making that comment. Yes, i am very protective of my child.

On his fourth day at school, Cayden also fussed when I left him in the classroom and he wailed when the teachers closed the doors. But this time, he cried for a much shorter time.

I hope things will get better next week.

0 comments: