Feeling quite disappointed with some friends this trip home. Ok, I have to admit that it is not easy for me to make friends. I think its because I can be quite anti social in nature. But I do treasure all the few friends I have.
However, this trip back, I feel like I have been let down by one specific girlfriend, whom I thought I was close to. Despite many of my invites and suggestions to meet up since I returned 9 weeks ago, we have not met up. Yes, I do understand that she has recently started a new job and have been travelling, but I feel that she is not making the effort. What really pissed me off is on one night, she called me. I was happy to see her name flashing on my mobile phone. But after a while of talking to her, I realised that she is only calling me because she just had an argument with her hubby and needed to rant at someone. After she has finished her rantings, it was obvious that she wasn't paying any attention to what I am saying anymore coz all she said was "huh,huh" at appropriate pauses and she sounded distracted.
She told me its too bad that we can't meet up as she was going on a 2 week holiday in 2 days time and she would be very busy at work until she left for her hols. I mentioned that I may extend my stay in Singapore til Xmas. I don't even think she heard me because she had no reaction. Or maybe she did hear me but pretended not to. I don't know. All I know is I am done reaching out to her. Its her turn. If she does not contact me, I won't.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Friends?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
hi Michelle
think u left a comment on my blog some months ago...
apologies that i haven't really replied...
wow, its good to be home huh...
i wonder if i would feel the same with certain friends when i return home for visit.....
dun be too bothered by friends I suppose, so long as u enjoy your reunion with those worthy of your presence.....
when will u be leaving S'pore ?
Yes, you are right. Better to enjoy other more worthy friend's company. We will be leaving Sgp after Xmas.
Post a Comment