Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Talk, talk, talk

Cayden has been talking nowadays. Some funny moments, some sweet, some just downright rude!

Some memorable moments:

1. I have been trying to introduce Mandarin to him. So far, quite unsuccessful. However, after a while, he has finally recognized that his Mandarin name is Ming Hao. I am teaching him to respond to his Chinese teacher in school when she calls his name. I called him "Ming Hao" and taught him to respond "Shi!" (which means Yes) when I hold up him hand. Funny thing is he will only respond "Shi" when I raise my hand. That day, my mom wanted to try this trick, so she said "Ming Hao!" and held up her finger instead of her hand. He told my mom "No! Not like this! This is No.1! Its like this!" Then he held up his hand and showed my mom.

2. When anyone of us sneezes, he will come to us and ask "Are you ok?" with a concerned look.

3. He is crazy about Blue's Clues. He will sing along, dance, imitate everything that Steve is doing, including taking a note book and declare it his handy dandy notebook. If you are familiar with Blue's Clues, you will know that Blue The Dog doesn't talk in the show (except when he is in Blue's Room) but makes this "wow wow wow" sound effect.

2 nights ago, when I was putting him to sleep, we had this conversation:

Cayden: Mama, I - Blue, you - Steve, ok?
Me: OK (without thinking much of it. Sometimes, I do that. I zone out because he talks non stop!)
Me: Cayden, can you drink your milk?
Cayden: No! I am Blue!
Me: Sorry! Blue, can you drink your milk?
Cayden: OK! (Then he follows up with imitating the sound the Blue makes in the show - wow wow-wow WOW WOW!)

0 comments: