Monday, January 7, 2008

Cayden's Development So Far...

Thought I should jot this down before I forget...

Latest Stats
I brought Cayden to the pediatrician recently (20 Dec 2007). He is:

Weight : 16.5kg
Height: 97cm

He is getting really heavy. Saw an article about overfed babies on the Straits Times a couple of weeks ago and I am getting really worried. In the article, there was a chart on the ideal weight for children and Cayden is way off the chart! I distinctly remembered the chart:

12kg - 2 years old
14 kg - 3 years old
16 kg - 4 years old

Cayden is about as heavy as a typical 4 year old! I really hope he won't be obese in future.

His faves
1. Recently he has been talking and singing lots. He loves Blues Clues (for now) and he mimics everything Steve does in the show - walking, sitting on his thinking chair, kneeling down on one knee, singing all the songs.

2. He also loves to play with his Thomas The Train. It was his Xmas present from my brother & sister in law. He has been in love with it ever since.

3. Iced Milo. Eversince we returned to Singapore, he has been addicted to Iced Milo. My mistake. Just tonight, we went out for dinner with my dad-in-law and sis-in-law before she returns to the U.S. Its just a casual dinner at the coffee shop downstairs. I fed Cayden his dinner first before going for dinner. He had a full dinner, but when we were at the coffee shop I ordered him his favourite Iced Milo just to keep him occupied. I did not expect him to finish the drink because he just had dinner. To my amazement, he finished the drink in 10 minutes. He finished it even before our dinner arrived. *Faint*

4. Fishballs. He loves fishballs and he has been eating them at almost every meal since October. But in the recent 2 weeks, we stopped giving it to him. Why? He is allergic to it. Well, to qualify, I think he is allergic to the perservatives in it. He doesn't like the home made ones. He likes the commercial ones. They are springy. These springy fishballs gives him eczema. Too bad, so sad. No more fishballs.

His Dislikes

1. He still hates meat. Once I was feeding him minced pork porridge and he managed to store all the minced meat on one side of his mouth.

2. He still would not try most fruits. Only eating bananas and sweet pears (lai).

3. I think he is becoming tired of his formula taste. He has been on Gain IQ since he turned 1. Normally, he drinks a lot of formula milk, up to 1 litre a day. But recently, he has practically halfed his intake. I am waiting for him to turn 3 before I start him on Grow.


3 comments:

Mel said...

hi
how long will you be in SG for?
not going back to Mongolia?

you are right, even THIS FASHION is so expensive now....everything so expensive...

keep blogging!

Whisk N Bake said...

Hi Mel,

We will be in Singapore till mid Feb. We will be spending CNY and then heading back to Mongolia.

Yes, everything is so expensive now. Seems like price of everything is increasing! But I don't see my hubby's salary increasing at the same rate :(

Anonymous said...

hi michelle, so glad to read more of your post now.. write more!