Ok, Cameron is sleeping "more or less" ok now. He goes to sleep on his own, with no fuss or little fuss. He takes a 35-45min nap in the morning, 1hr45min nap in the afternoon and 30-45min nap in the late afternoon. Bedtime is still around 6.30pm - 6.45pm. We still wake him up for a late feed at 11.15pm, but these few days, he has only taken 2-3oz so I am thinking of dropping this feed. But we need to increase his food / milk intake during the day so that he will be full enough to last him through the night. I am sure he is waking up early due to hunger.
Yesterday was a bad day for feeding. He took only 4oz of milk during bedtime (his usual is 7oz). No matter what I do, he refused to drink. So I let him be. 30min later, I was hoping to make him drink when he is sleepy, but failed! He still did not want. He slept til 11.15pm when we woke him up for late night feed. He took only 3oz (his usual is 5oz). Then surprise, surprise! He woke up at 4.30am! Cried and refused to sleep for more than 10min! I am sure it was hunger, but I refused to succumb to the vicious cyle of nightfeeding, so I gave him water. He took about 2oz and went back to sleep til 7am.
I thought he will wolf down his morning milk, but NO... he took only 6oz out of his usual 7oz (after much, much coaxing). I really don't know what to do. I know babies won't starve themselves, but still... I don't want it to affect his night sleeping.
He is really stubborn! If he doesn't want the milk, he will either slap the bottle away, or if I succeed in pushing in the teat into his mouth, he will let the milk dribble out. Very annoying.
I guess I will have to ride out this one...
Friday, September 25, 2009
Sleep training update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment