Monday, September 28, 2009

Frustrating Sunday!

The day started with Cameron NOT drinking his milk. Instead of his usual 7oz, he takes only 3 oz. I was concerned. I proceeded with his usual bath and sleep routine and he slept for 1 hour. After he woke up, he drank another 2 oz of milk.

At 11am feed, he wouldn't take much. I let him eat 1tbs of rice cereal mixed with milk and he took it reluctantly. Right up to his afternoon nap at 12noon he took 5oz of milk. After a 2 hour nap, he drank another 2 oz of milk.

At the 3pm feed, he refused his milk. We tried for 2 hours and all he took was 40ml.

During bedtime, he took only 3oz of milk. Refused anything else. At the 11pm feed, he took only 40ml.

I keep wondering why? Is it the formula? We had to change from Nestle Nan HA1 to HA2. I read the ingredients and HA 2 does not have lactose and corn syrup, so it might be less sweet. But we offered Nan Probiotics to him at the bedtime feed and 11pm feed, he still did not take much. I doubt that is the problem.

Is it because of teething? But I can't feel anything from his gums. He has redden cheeks, he keeps biting everything in sight, he keeps drooling. All signs of teething. But no teeth.

All in all, he took only 540ml of milk, compared to his usual 800ml.

This morning, he woke up at 6.40am crying. I assumed he was hungry, at last! But no, he did not guzzle the milk. I made him a bottle of half HA2 and half Probiotics formula. Took lots of persuading to make him drink, but at least he finished his 7oz of milk before his morning nap. Lets see how this day will go...

When should I start panicking?

0 comments: