Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Milk Drinking Strike - Day 3

Day 1 (Sunday 27 Sep)
Drank only 540ml in total. Gave him 1tbs of cereal, he took it reluctantly.

Day 2 (Monday 28 Sep)
Drank only 550ml in total. Tried giving him 1 tbs of cereal & pears, but he rejected.

Day 3 (TODAY)
So far, he drank even less than last 2 days. 2 feeds - 270ml. No solids given. Decided to stop the solids for 1 week. I would concentrate on getting milk into him instead.

I am really worried. I wrote an email to my pediatrician in Singapore and she mentioned to try giving him regular formula (instead of HA), chill his regular milk (tried and no improvement), check his mouth of ulcers or thrush (nothing!).

I am desperately looking for teething gel here in Mongolia, but so far, nothing found.

Tried to make appointment with pediatrician at International SOS, but she is not going in til Thursday afternoon.

Weighed him today. He weighs only 8kg (compared to 7.27kg on 12 August). So he has only put on 730g in 48 days! That's really bad.

What to do? What to do?

2 comments:

dancingdory said...

Hi Michelle,

I have just started reading your blog again and congratulations on having no.2!

I chanced upon this on Cameron starting solids. Ralph doesn't like baby rice very much either so I moved on to start him on baby jars and porridge which he took to them more readily. I don't blame him because it really is rather bland. It was unlike Ryan, which I followed very strictly to the book on the order of foods to start him off, I just made do with what I have on hand in the house. I was still able to detect foods he is allergic to, so I can't be doing too badly.

Sorry to hear that he's on the milk strike, hope he breaks out of it soon.

Whisk N Bake said...

HI Dory!

Thanks! Congratulations to you on having your No.2 as well! I have been reading your blog and I have to say, I really admire you for being able to handle 2 kids on your own with no help. I am such a wimp compared to you.

Thanks for your tip on solids. I have been wondering if Cameron is not ready for solids, as when he eats rice cereal, apples or pears, he keep pushing out his food with his tongue. Is it a reflex? I decided to lay off solids for one week and start again next week. I will concentrate on getting more milk into him this week.