Monday, August 31, 2009

Sleep Training

Officially, I start my sleep training today. Since I realise that Cameron has a different personality from Cayden, I cannot use the same methods. I tried that controlled crying method on Cameron last week, but it was useless. He cried up to one hour, no signs of letting go or calming down. I am employing the methods of Tracy Hoggs (the Baby Whisperer). I used the shush/pay method and it worked to calm Cameron down. Then I am starting to use the P.U/P.D method and so far, so good.

Last night was such a horrible night. The little man was over stimulated because we went to I-ru's house for lunch and plenty of people carried him and lots of kids screaming. His routine was also thrown off, he refused to drink his milk so he had a really unrested night. So did we. He woke up 6 times from 7pm to 6am! He was also hungry coz he didn't drink enough during the day, but I refused to let him drink. I don't want him to become a snacker! He needs to take his full feeds in the day and not in the night! I had to carry him to sleep from 3am to 5.40am and he woke up at 6am! I decided, enough was enough!

Let's see the outcome in a few days. Fingers crossed.

0 comments: