Had a craving for chocolate chip cookies the other day. Not the soft and chewy type, but the crunchy type. Went online and found a recipe from Allrecipes. They turned out really good! I substituted the all purpose flour with bread flour, as I read that it will help to make the cookies crunchier. I also do not have any shortening, so I used all butter instead. 
Recipe from All Recipes site.
145 g butter flavored shortening (I omitted this and used butter instead)
150 g butter, softened
200 g white sugar
220 g packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
15 ml vanilla extract
440 g all-purpose flour ( I substituted with bread flour)
5 g baking soda
6 g salt
120 g chopped pecans (optional) - I omitted this
335 g semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips. Use a measuring tablespoon to round dough into balls. Don't roll the balls, just make them rounded. Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until centers are set and very lightly browned. Don't overbake. Cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Choc Chip Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment