Thursday, September 6, 2007

Korean Dramas

6 Sep 2007

Since Cayden has been going to school, I have been staying at home watching Korean drama series. haha!

In the beginning, I was not too keen on Korean dramas. But one of my girlfriends passed me one Korean series before we moved to Mongolia. Since I ran out of programs to watch, I decided to give it a go. Wow! I was hooked! Ok, the storyline is a bit long-winded and draggy, but it was so sad. I cried buckets. Really enjoyed it. I mentioned it to my girlfriend the next I saw her and she passed me more! Told her that I love all the sad, tragic storylines. The sadder, the better.

I have been watching 2 series - Stairway to Heaven and Sad Love Story. The male lead for both series is the same - Kwon Sang Woo. He is good looking, boyish and has a great body! My new hero! I went online to find out more about him and found out that he is very popular!

images.jpeg

Both Stairway to Heaven and Sad Love Story have sad tragic storylines. Between the 2, I prefer Stairway To Heaven because somehow it left a deeper impression on me. It was more touching, romantic, though not realistic. The music was really nice too.

200px-stairway_to_heaven72.jpg

Stairway To Heaven

sad-love-story.jpeg

Sad Love Story

Now I am watching the 3rd Korean series called Beautiful Days. Hmmm… not as nice. I guess it could be due to 3 reasons: 1) the male lead is not as good looking. 2) It is quite a old production - made in 2001 so the styling is kinda dated. 3) Storyline is not as dramatic.

I am giving it a few more episodes. If the storyline still doesn’t pick up, I shall give up and start watching the Endless Love Trilogy. I was told that this show is the ultimate tear jerker!

0 comments: