Tuesday, July 17, 2007

HELP!

17 Jul 2007

Just this evening, my helper Nyamaa, sprung the news of her upcoming trip to the countryside next week. She will be gone for 10 days! I have to say that I am really unhappy about this situation. The main reason is that we have already given her 2 weeks off ( with salary) when we were back in Singapore!

I have always been a fair employer. Whenever she works overtime for us, I do pay her + transport costs home. If she turns up late for about 15-20 mins, I do not reprimand her. Whenever we go on home leave, she does not need to come to my house to clean for the period that we are away, but we do still pay her because we thought that it is not fair to her if we don’t pay her.

But this time, I will tell her that I will not pay her during her time off. This is especially so when she had 2 weeks off from me already. I will also need to find and pay someone else to come and clean and babysit for me. Do you think I am being reasonable about this?

Once she told me, I quickly sent an email to my friend, Charlie, who is currently away in Beijing to check if I can use her babysitter to help babysit Cayden 3 hours a day while Nyamaa is away. But alas, she wrote back to say that she will not be able to let her babysitter to help me because the babysitter will be busy cleaning and setting up her house before the whole family returns from Beijing. Bad timing! Oh well, I guess its just Cayden and me next week! Should be fun (ya right!)

0 comments: